Our Terms and Conditions
When a holiday reservation is confirmed, it is deemed that you have agreed to the following terms and conditions. Guests’ co-operation on these matters is much appreciated.
- We require a 10% deposit to secure a booking. Deposits are non-refundable.
- The balance of payment should be paid in full at least 6 weeks prior to commencement of the booking. If full payment is not received by this date, we reserve the right to re-let the accommodation. Balance payments will be refunded only if we manage to re-let the property. We strongly recommend that holiday insurance is taken out to cover the cost of your holiday.
- We accept the following forms of payment: bank transfer (additional fees may apply to international transactions), cheque (payable to Great Glen Lodges), PayPal, or debit or credit card via PayPal. Please note, there is an extra 3% charge added to PayPal transactions to cover the cost of the service.
- Short stays for a minimum of 2 nights during February, March and April (excepting the Easter holiday period), or a minimum of 3 nights during the remainder of the year, may be available at the owners’ discretion.
- All holiday lets run from 16:00 check-in time to 10:00 check-out time unless specifically arranged or agreed otherwise.
- The number of guests must never exceed the number that each lodge is designed to accommodate.
- If a lodge is reserved at a discount tariff for a specified number of guests and the total number of persons exceeds the agreed tariff, an additional fee of £15 per extra person, per night, up to maximum occupancy, will be charged. Please also see condition 6 above.
- Pets. Two well-behaved dogs are acceptable; however, all fouling must be removed and any damage caused by the pet paid for or rectified. Pets must be kept on a lead whilst on site and in the vicinity of the farm and must never be left unattended in the lodges unless happy and secure in a pet cage provided by the guest. Pet fees are charged at £5.00 per pet, per night, or £25.00 per pet, per week. Guests must inform Great Glen Lodges of pets when booking.
- The lodge should be maintained in the same condition as when the holiday let commenced. The property and all fitments, furniture, utensils and equipment must be left in a clean and tidy condition at the conclusion of the holiday let. So that we can maintain our high standards, guests must report and pay for all damage and breakages before departure. Guests failing to comply will be charged extra fees after departure.
- Smoking: Smoking is not allowed inside any lodge. If guests smoke outside, they must collect and dispose of cigarette butts and all related materials.
- Electricity is included in the tariff, but guests should turn off any appliances that are not in use, including heaters, to save waste. We want our guests to enjoy a cosy stay but regret that in cases of excessive use, an extra fee will be charged after departure.
- Loch-side access. Great Glen Lodges will not be held liable for injury caused by negligent use of this facility. Caution must be taken and children must be under adult supervision at all times.