How to Reach Us
Great Glen Lodges, Kilfinnan, Scotland, can be found on the northwest shore of Loch Lochy, in the heart of the Great Glen.
Our postcode is PH34 4EB. Enter ‘Great Glen Lodges, Kilfinnan, PH34 4EB’ into your GPS/Sat Nav or online map service to get here.
Note that some GPS/Sat Navs might tell you that you have reached your destination when you get to Kilfinnan Farm. We’re a bit further on from the farm, however. Just carry on up the hill and along the track a little way until you reach the Great Glen Lodges sign at the top of the road.
Please also be aware that the last quarter-mile or so is an unadopted rough-track road that we share with the forestry commission. Though it gets resurfaced each year, it can sometimes be quite bumpy, so a bit of care needs to be taken. A normal car can easily negotiate the track, but you’ll want to drive slowly and not rush things.
Approaching from Inverness
- Drive south on the A82 until you reach the village of Invergarry.
- Stay on the A82 for a further 2 miles until you reach the Well of the Seven Heads, on the banks of Loch Oich. This is a well-known historical site and the closest shop to Great Glen Lodges.
- Take the next turn right after the Well of the Seven Heads, signed Balmaglaster, Kilfinnan. Care should be taken as this is a single-track road.
- Continue along this road for approximately 2-and-a-quarter miles until you reach Kilfinnan Farm. This is the end of the tarmac road.
- Continue driving up the hill and along the rough forest-track for a further quarter-mile until you reach the entrance for Great Glen Lodges, second on the left-hand side.
Approaching from the South
- Drive North on the A82 until you are driving with Loch Lochy close on your left-hand side.
- As you leave Loch Lochy at its most northerly point, continue along the A82 until you cross the Laggan Swing Bridge.
- After the swing bridge, take the next turn left by the terraced houses, signed Balmaglaster, Kilfinnan.
- Then follow the directions above.
You can travel on the charming overnight Caledonian Sleeper train all the way from London to Spean Bridge.
For more information, visit the Scotrail website.
The most convenient airport is Inverness, with daily connections to the south and the continent.
Bus timetables are available on the Citylink website. The nearest stop is Laggan Locks (about 1.5 miles), from which it’s possible to walk to Great Glen Lodges.
There is a nationwide travel information service available, called Traveline Scotland. One number gives access to information about all rail, coach, bus, ferry and internal air services in Scotland. Telephone 0871 200 22 33. Calls cost 12p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge.